Today’s episode is a special one and a very different one than normal. I’m going solo today as I reflect back on 2016 and look ahead to 2017. The beginning of a new year is always a terrific time for this kind of evaluation. From all of the wonderful recommendations from my guests, I’ve compiled Five Top Recommendations to Help You in 2017. These FIVE simple tips can help you as you continue to chase your dreams in this New Year. Aren’t you curious? Join me now!
TWEET: #2017—New start, new beginnings, and new #dreams to chase! @chasingdreamsHQ
Looking back to 2016
How was 2016 for YOU? As with most any year, we can find some good things and some bad things that happened. It’s the same, of course, for me. I’m humbled to have hit 73 episodes for the podcast, 50 guests, and over 20,000 downloads! Amazing! I have to say thanks to my listeners and my guests because you are the ones to make all of this possible. So many of my guests are friends, colleagues, and “dream guests” that I never thought possible.
TWEET: There is no substitute for hard #work.@chasingdreamsHQ
Looking ahead to 2017
So, what lies ahead for YOU? Like me, you may have big plans and big dreams. Learning how and when to say YES and when to say NO must accompany the chase for those dreams. I hope you’ve realized that you cannot say YES to everything! What do you plan to do differently in 2017? I hope to do more blogging, more coaching and have more involvement with my listeners. I want to overcome the challenges of spending more time together with my family. Finding time for everything I WANT to do is the biggest challenge of all. You may be experiencing the same difficulty. Specifically, I want to put myself first; I can’t help others if I’m not taking care of myself. I want to show that “representation matters,” and shine the light on those who are sometimes unnoticed. In short, I want to find the best tactics for dream-chasing and share them here with you.
TWEET: Take the FIRST step, and then the next one is easier. @chasingdreamsHQ
TOP FIVE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 2017:
5. Focus on and know your WHY
4. Visualize your dream
3. Just do it
2. Lean into your own discomfort
1. Don’t measure your success against someone else’s
TWEET: No one is going to hand you your #dreams. @chasingdreamsHQ
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE:
- [1:35] Aimee’s recap of 2016
- [3:23] Specific guests: friends and colleagues
- [4:30] Plans for “Where are they now?” spot checks in 2017
- [5:40] What are we going to do with 2017?
- [8:20] How to improve as we move forward
- [10:02] Chasing Dreams is now on iHeartRadio!
- [11:43] Plans for the Virtual Summit and other live events in 2017
- [13:37] The Big Challenge: Finding time for everything
- [15:27] New goals—going to the next level
- [18:50] Top Tips for 2017
- [35:10] Enjoy the journey—the chase—to reach your dreams
TWEET: Don’t compare yourself as a #caterpillar to someone else’s #butterfly. @chasingdreamshq
TWEETS YOU CAN USE:
TWEET: If it was #easy, then everybody would be doing it. @chasingdreamshq
TWEET: WHY are you doing what you are doing? #2017 #dreams